Friday, September 16, 2005

It's just a happy day!

Today was just a good day. I spent most of the day with Andy and Zander- and Abigail when she wasn't at school. Andy got today off- so Abigail was super excited to have Daddy here to walk her to and from school. It's just been a pleasant day. I can't say that I got a whole lot done, but it just was nice.

Anyway, I am debating on whether or not I need/want a panini maker. There is a big part of me that says "Hey, it's just fancy grilled cheese!" But I wonder if it would make a difference? Today for lunch I made the most wonderful grilled cheese for Andy and I. I could easily make different kinds of grilled cheese any day of the week. Hence the panini maker. It might be fun to play with.

The sandwiches I made started with slices of white bread. The filling was: Monterey Jack cheese, carmalized onions, Irish Blue Cheese, Roasted red peppers. It was so simple- yet so good. I don't know which part I liked best, but Andy informed me that he will never eat grilled cheese again without the roasted red peppers. :-)

This morning I also made breakfast- simple scrambled eggs and bacon. But- I have to tell you about my new favorite spice blend from Penzey's. Their California Seasoned Pepper is awesome! It didn't do much for us as far as steak was concerned, but it really perked up the eggs, and it is equally good on the grilled chicken we had tonight for dinner. If I was stuck on a desert island with my choice of only two jars from Penzey's- it would be Fox Point and California Seasoned Pepper. So if you haven't tried them- shame on you! Go to www.penzeys.com and order some right away! You will have it in a few days. :-)

No comments: