Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Great Sugar Cookie Search


After three days of nothing but food, you'd hardly think that I need to be baking or eating something other than the mounds and mounds of leftovers. That is not the case here. :-) Today we put up the Christmas tree, and that called for a trial of yet another sugar cookie. This is the one I posted before for Val without trying. I did make one change, and that was to use 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of soda, versus the 2 of powder called for. I didn't want a super soft cookie, and I did get something in the middle. They are a very good cookie. Nicely crisp around the edges, with a snap when you bite in, then your teeth meet the cakey part of the cookie, and grab hold of the sugary goodness. My only thought for these cookies is that they need more of a vanilla punch to stand on their own. (Meaning without the icing and sprinkles in my house.) I do want to make them again using either vanilla sugar or double strength vanilla. However, before I make these again, I want to try the recipe Val shared in the comments part of the same posting.

I hope everyone had as great of a Thanksgiving as I did. It was so great to spend time with my family, but especially my sisters. I never get to just spend time with them, and we braved Black Friday and went shopping. It was fun. Very nice to spend together, but I have to say, the highlight of the day was spending it with John. It was so fantastic to spend some time getting to know him and to see exactly how happy he makes my sister Lizzie. They definitely have something special, and he is just a wonderful person for treating her like the princess that she is! I am looking forward to being able to call him my brother-in-law, because I love him already! So yeah, my two baby sisters are in the big "L" and are all giddy and happy. It is contagious, and I could not be more excited for them! I think that both Cody and John are perfect fits for my sisters, and of course, they fit right into the family! Yay! This Christmas season will be great and blissful- and then maybe we will move on to Wedding season ladies? :-)

Lol. Everyone have a great evening. I will be back tomorrow with some creative leftovers dish.

No comments: