Monday, November 28, 2005

More leftovers!


I expect to have to duck some tomatoes shortly. 20 pounds of turkey is going to go a loooong way I expect. Good thing I am planning something else for Christmas dinner, because we are going to be soooo sick of turkey by then.

Today I have a batch of turkey stock working on the stove. What I am not sure about, is if I am going to use it right away, or freeze it for another time. On tap for tonight is white turkey chili. Andy has Monday Night Football, and I thought I would make him some chili for the guys. He is off today due to rain, so I can send him out to the store and I can stay in and be cozy. :-) Here is the recipe for my chili, enjoy!

* Exported from MasterCook *
White Chicken Chili

1 large Onion -- coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1 cup chicken -- cooked and shredded
2 4 oz. cans diced green chiles
2 Tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 cups chicken broth
2 cans white hominy, canned -- drained
2 cans white beans -- drained and rinsed
dash chili powder, tabasco, etc.
2 tablespoons olive oil

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent
Add chili's, cook for another minute or so.
Add chicken broth and remaining ingredients.
Simmer for 1 or 2 hours.

No comments: