Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Plague

I swear that we cannot get healthy here. It seems like I cannot remember a time when someone in our house was not sick with something. It's getting a little annoying. And it's also heartbreaking when the ones most affected are the little ones. Today it's poor Abigail. She came home from school like any other day, her happy self, and oddly today she was very hungry. She usually wants something, but today she wanted a tuna sandwich and some carrots. She ate it all- and then polished off some Oreo's and milk. I don't know what was on the menu at school- but obviously she didn't eat much.

Anyway, about 30 minutes after she'd finished her sandwich, she complained about having an itchy tongue. What? Whatever that was, it was odd, but it was really bothering her, so I finally came up with a freezie pop that seemed to quell the itch. 30 minutes after that, she told me her ear hurt. Really hurt. And after that it was like *boom* sick as sick can be. She was tired, not hungry, headache, earache. I highly suspect an ear infection. She's been hanging onto that cold, so I suspect it's migrated into her ears. So she will be home from school tomorrow, and hopefully she will feel better. It was quite the fight to get her to take some Motrin before bed, but hopefully that will help dull the ear pain, and ward off a potential fever.

So unfortunately there is nothing new from the kitchen today. I have a few thoughts in my mind for tomorrow, provided I can get a few minutes to myself. So we'll see. In the meantime- send us some healthy thoughts, we sure could use them!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Oh Erika, I hope you all are better soon! We went through a round not too long ago so I know your pain.

Erika W. said...

Thanks for the well wishes Patti! Hopefully we are on the mend now. Today I was able to open up the house for a little while, so hopefully that got rid of some of the germs lurking about.