Sunday, February 5, 2006

I feel like it's Thanksgiving...


I think I went a wee bit overboard tonight. :-) I started with the Coney Dogs, and those of course, were fantastic. Then I added a layered taco dip and a batch of Fiery Chipotle Baked Beans. Then I had a request for a Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, so I had to add that. Then for some insane reason I decided that I needed to provide an alternative to the Coney Dogs and make meatballs in marinara for Meatball Hoagies. What was I thinking??? Then guests brought fruit and dip and gooey butter bars. Oh yum. We ate quite well tonight. And we had some new friends come over, and it was wonderful getting to know them a little better. Oh, and I forgot to mention the homemade egg rolls with plum dipping sauce that our friends brought over. I am feeling a trifle bit full. And I apologize, because I was so busy playing with all the kids, and feeding the kids, and feeding myself that my camera slipped my mind. And alas, I have no pictures to share this evening. And to top it all off, the Super Bowl game is kind of a dud this year. And The Rolling Stones? What were they thinking? I was so disappointed that they didn't do some kind of Motown mantage. Ah well. I need to share the chicken wing dip, because it really is fantastic. It isn't very pretty, the hot sauce separates while cooking, and it looks greasy, but it is 100% delicious. Everyone gobbled it up, and enjoyed thoroughly. Serve the dip with whatever strikes your fancy. Tortilla chips, potato chips, celery and carrot sticks, slices of baguette, crackers, etc.

* Exported from MasterCook *
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts -- cooked and shredded
1 bottle hot sauce (use whole bottle or just half -- (12 ounce) if desired)
2 packages cream cheese -- (8 ounce) softened
1 bottle bleu cheese salad dressing (or can use ranch or 8 oz blue cheese and ranch) -- (16 ounce total)
2/3 cup chopped celery
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend

Preaheat oven top 350. In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken, celery and cheese. In a saucepan over med-low heat, combine cream cheese and salad dressing and stir until smooth. Stir in bottle of hot sauce ( don't have to use entire bottle if you want it milder). Pour heated mixture into bowl with chicken mixture. Stir to mix well. Pour into a 13" x 9" baking pan. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until bubbly----make sure top doesn't get browned. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm OR cold-----tastes best warm--- with celery or other veggies and crackers.

No comments: