Thursday, June 15, 2006

What to do, What to do...




With all of those strawberries? We did go again yesterday and came home with another 8 pounds of berries. We'll be taking a little break as we have a busy weekend coming up, and I hardly have time to process juicy sweet berries. But next week I'm planning another trip, as I have many more pints of jam to put up. But yesterday with a plethora of berries, my darling daughter made a particular request.

This particular recipe was shared by a fellow BBer on the Cooking Light Bulletin Board, mbrogier. Thanks Micah! It's a winner!

Strawberry Ice Cream

  • 3 Cups half & half
  • 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
  • 1 Cup freshly mashed strawberries

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Chill for 1 hour. Stir and pour into the freezer of an ice cream maker. Follow manufacturer's instructions for perfect homemade strawberry ice cream.

And that's all for today folks. I have a weekend menu to plan. Tomorrow is the much anticipated "Day Out With Thomas" and we are really looking forward to taking Zander to see and ride a life size Thomas The Tank Engine. I'm sure I will be sharing plenty of pictures. Then Saturday we are headed for an overnight camping excursion for an extended family reunion. It should be fun. A little sad, since we'll be shy one Grandmother, but it will be fun to remember her all the same. :-) I will try and come back tomorrow night to post a few pictures form the days festivities.

No comments: