Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Supper Simple Side

Tonight's salad is from the latest issue of Everyday Food magazine. Today Zander asked to have orange potatoes for dinner, Abigail asked to have sweet corn, so I thought I'd make tonight a vegetarian meal- as we need to eat vegetarian more often. White Bean Salad with Zucchini and Parmesan was fantastic. Light, lemony, and completly satisfying. It was extremely simple to toss together- taking no more than 5 minutes, and you just can't beat that for simplicity. This salad would accompany anything- from fish and chicken to a main entree for a vegetarian meal, it's perfect. Look for the recipe in the Recipe Trove. My only major change was to omit the green beans- as they are not quite available fresh yet here. I swapped in flat leaf parsley for the basil as the basil looked terrible today...it worked fine as a sub, but I see where the basil would really shine here. I also think you could leave out the olive oil entirely- it didn't really add much, so leave it out if you'd like.

Quick post for tonight. I'm making my list and checking it twice for camping this weekend. We leave on Thursday, so it'll be a long weekend without anything new here. I will try and leave something fun to do on the most recent post- so come back and check that out. I'm also not sure I'll have a chance to post tomorrow. The cable company is going to be out in our yard tomorrow digging up the cable lines and installing new ones, so I assume I could be without service for awhile. The extreme heat was gone today- it was very nice to be only in the 80's, although I did turn on the air for a little while this afternoon while the sun poured in through the windows. Now if only it would rain for a bit tonight and water my garden, I'd have one less thing to do tomorrow...

No comments: