Monday, August 14, 2006

Kudos to Little Sis

At my sister Lizzie's wedding just over a week ago, my other little sister Rachel made the wedding cake. Here's a picture of Rachel's triumph.


Isn't it pretty? She did a fantastic job- and it tasted really good too! She made a dark-chocolate raspberry cake with a whipped cream frosting. I'd share the recipe with you, but I think she should enter it into a contest, so no recipe sharing from me.

Here's a close-up of the top layer. I really likes the random squiggles. It's amazing how it really made the layer look professional and beautiful. Unfortunately, right now I don't have a picture of the cake at the reception site. We had it at the park, anf of course, once the cake was out, the bees and flys wouldn't stay away. So one of my Sister-In-Laws thought it would be a good idea to "cover" the cake with some tulle to keep the bugs out. And not only was it effective- it really made for a stunning presentation of an outdoor wedding cake. Rachel, you could go into business in Ellendale. I bet there aren't many places to order a wedding cake from out there, and I know a couple of reliable mail-order sources for the "assembly pieces". Keep that in mind huh? :-)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I have a pic of it at the recep. I have color and b/w. however i do not know how to put it on line. we'll see what i can do

Anonymous said...

Oh my... that looks so beautiful! Wedding cakes have such a bad rep for being dry and flavorless, but this one looks out-of-this world. It doesn't hurt that chocolate and raspberry are my favorite cake flavors!