Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Herb-Roasted Pork Tenderloin

This was a treat for us. Lately, we've been doing a lot of one-dish type of meals, as those are more economical than a meat-n-three type of meal. So to have a dinner which features a meat, that is an occasion for us. The last time I was at Sam's I picked up a package of pork tenderloin for a steal. You get four tenderloins in a package there, so to get it close-dated or on sale is really economical, and we love pork tenderloin here. I wanted to do something a little different to it this time, so I went on a hunt through several websites looking for a roasting method or marinade. I found just the creature on Recipezaar.

Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin was incredibly simple. I took a handful of dried spices along with some Worcestershire and tamari and had a marinade in no time at all. I changed a few things from the original recipe. One being swapping out soy sauce for the more flavorful tamari sauce. I also left out the onion powder, and instead used a generous handful of dried onion flakes. I reduced the oil as well in the marinade, and it didn't suffer in the least because of it. The recipe called for marinating for 2 hours, and I didn't have that kind of time, so I just used my Foodsaver Marinater and marinated it for about 20 minutes, and it worked perfectly. They roasted in the oven for about 40 minutes, and the whole family thoroughly enjoyed the pork tenderloin. In fact, I had made up two tenderloins, thinking to freeze one after cooking for a quick dinner another time, and we ended up cutting into it, it was so good. And according to Andy, the leftovers seem to make excellent sandwiches.

I am positive that this will be even better on the grill, and next time hopefully it will be nice enough to do so. My adaptation of Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin is loaded into The Recipe Trove and waiting. Tomorrow I will likely skip the Weigh-In Wednesday post, as I don't have much to say about it this week. But come back to find out what I made last night that tickled the tastebuds of both kids and my husband.

No comments: