Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Is There Any Better Smell...

Than that of freshly baking bread and a pot of ham stock simmering on the stove?

I don't think so. :-)

There is a snowstorm on its way as I type this, and I'm really not looking forward to it. But at least we will have freshly baked bread and a pot of soup waiting for us when we get home from ballet tonight. Provided we have ballet tonight...

And if you happen to be looking for a new snack idea, check out today's article at Kids Cuisine. Other than that, it's been a quiet couple of days. Bear with me, I have ideas in my head, and the wrong opportunity to cook them. I am still batting around an Indian food menu- I'm just trying to figure a few substitutions, and work out the timing.

Happy 600th post to me today! And we've passed my two year blog birthday without me noticing. The very first foodie post was a recipe for Mocha Truffle Cookies originally shared by the fabulous Sweetnicks. Those cookies are still a regular and still manage to impress adults and children alike. Maybe one of these days I'll come up with a proper post to commemorate the road behind and the road coming ahead. I've been thinking about taking a new direction with Tummy Treasure, and focusing a bit more on some particulars. But I think I like it being across the board- a little bit of this, a little bit of that. There may be a big visual change coming, as I've asked someone special to work on a re-design, so stay tuned. 600 posts behind me, and so much more cooking to do, and so much more to say.

No comments: