Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Carrot-Pineapple Bread


Loyal readers already know how much I adore a good quick bread. Whether it be a muffin, scone, or loaf of a lightly sweetened bread. My Recipe Trove has quite a few recipes for quick breads, but I'm always looking for more. A few weeks ago I wanted a quick bread, but lacked many of the basic ingredient. Read: something fruity as my bread base. Whether it be banana bread, blueberry bread, or zucchini bread. Enter the carrot. I realized I didn't have a tried and true carrot bread, so I set out to find one. I ended up tweaking one up a bit that I found on Recipezaar, and the end result is exactly what I was looking for.

A sweet quick bread full of flavor, carrot-pineapple bread is a perfect start to a new day. You could easily make this into muffins by using a muffin pan, just make sure you check the cooking time. After I'd made it, I was also thinking that some sunflower seeds would be an excellent addition, so feel free to throw in a handful of those as well. I will confess, it's not that far off from a carrot cake, and as such, a smear of cream cheese may just be the icing on the cake, so to speak. But for myself, give me a slice straight up, and I'll be in quick bread heaven. Carrot-Pineapple Bread, it's worth getting up early in the morning for.

No comments: