Thursday, June 21, 2007

Letting The Cat Out...

Just a little bit. :-) I have to apologize because my posts over the last week or so have been pretty lame. Sorry, I've been a bit distracted this week. But there is a reason for my distractedness, and before I get to that reason, I have a sincere promise to do better over the next week before I go MIA for a week camping. Anyway... A few weeks back my husband had an encounter with the editor of the local paper, and in the discussion the subject of food came up. My loving husband had to brag about his foodie/blogger wife, and the result of that convo was a business card with instructions to e-mail my blog url. A fellow foodie was interested in a local take on food.

Well, the short version of this is that some of my cooking is going to be featured in the local paper. We still don't know all the details or how everything is going to work out, but today is the first step, as he is coming to my kitchen to take some pictures and do some chatting. Who knows where this may lead, but I am a little nervous. The idea is to do an occasional food story with a recipe that I come up with, and that I am excited about. But I'm nervous about being more out there- if that makes any sense. So you'll forgive me if I don't have a recipe for you today, and I'll try and be back later with a re-cap of the afternoon for you. In the meantime, I have a stunning summer salad to compose and kids to get ready for tumbling class, so Happy Thursday everyone! Wish me luck today!

4 comments:

Alanna Kellogg said...

You'll be fabulous, Ms Erika!

Anonymous said...

So exciting -- keep us posted!

Strange how these things happen....

Melissa said...

Oh, how fun!

Joe said...

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great! Cool news for sure!