Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Farmer's Market Finds

We have 1 bunch of small beets, 1 bunch of spring onions, 2 pounds of sugar snap peas, one potted sunflower, 2 yellow tomatoes, a handful of large cherry tomatoes, 1 pound new red potatoes, and 1/2 pound of oyster mushrooms. Not pictured are the Amish Cinnamon Rolls and the Blue Moon Gelato Abigail inhaled at the market. Today we learned to go early- it got busy very quickly, and produce was gone very quickly. Tonight's dinner will be completely local as we add a flank steak from our local butcher. And while I'm excited about the oyster mushrooms- this is the first time I've seen mushrooms at the market- I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. Suggestions anyone?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have some farmer's market fare from today as well! I got some nectarines and SO should have gotten more than I did! So excited about the return of Farmer's market. Today was blueberry day at ours and it was definitely full of blueberries and even blackberries (new for us this year). Yay!

Erika W. said...

Wasn't it fun!!! The only fruits we had were strawberries, and since I just picked a ton, we didn't need any.

I really need to be more brave though, there were several vegetables that I've never tried, and I always chicken out of buying them because I don't know what they are like.