Monday, August 6, 2007

A Zucchini Round-Up

Do you have an over-abundant zucchini plant right now? Mine isn't exactly over-abundant, but it is keeping me nicely supplied in fresh green Summer squash. So I thought that today I would simply point out several of the zucchini recipes in my Recipe Trove for those who need something new to do with zucchini.

First, I have the Salatet Kousa from the other day. Moroccan zucchini...it's truly wonderful and I'm thinking about it for dinner tonight again.

Ah! Zucchini Fritters! How could I forget these- with a simple marinara sauce, these are delightful!

This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Sheet Cake made an appearance just this weekend. The caramel frosting takes it completely over the top. We love this one.

The Phul Gobhi would be perfect with a lot of zucchini- and anything else you find at the farmer's market, for that matter.

Oh, I haven't made these yet this year! These Vegetable Enchiladas are packed with flavor. The Cooked Tomatillo Sauce can be swapped out for your favorite Salsa Verde as well. I suspect these would also be a way to use up frozen shredded zucchini.

And anyone who's been reading my blog for awhile knows of my sincere love for all things quick bread. Here's my recipe for straight up Mom's Zucchini Bread and my Chocolate Zucchini Bread.

This White Bean Salad with Zucchini and Parmesan exceeded my expectations when I first made it.

This Cabbage Patch Stew, shared by a thoughtful reader would be excellent with the addition of zucchini.

And finally, with a bit of extra time on your hands, this Cornmeal Crusted Roasted Zucchini Tart is an impressive dish to make for company. Or where the tart is time intensive, this Zucchini Gratin is extremely simple and bakes away while you tend to your guests.

No comments: