Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Eight Years Today!

Andy and I have been married for eight years as of today. That's a little bit of time! That also means that we've been together for just over nine years of our lives. And nothing says I love you on this special day like a full-blown cold. Yeah...well, it had to be something I suppose.

Since I haven't been feeling well the last few days I don't really have much to share food-wise, so I thought I'd tackle a meme that Mimi from French Kitchen In America tagged me for. It's an "about me" meme where I take each letter of my name and share something about myself that corresponds with that letter. I have to confess, I have a few tricky letters, but we'll see what I can come up with.

E- I think E would best be described as "eclectic". I like a little bit of everything- I don't have any hard-core hobbies(well, except cooking), but lots of them that I like to do some of. I don't have a specific favorite cuisine, I love them all in bits and pieces.

R- Resourceful is a good one here. I learned very well from my mother how to make a feast out of nothing. I know how to take a dollar and pinch it in many ways to make it ten. It doesn't mean I always do it, but I can if needed to.

I- I is for Idyllic. I tend to get ideas in my mind of how I want things to be- and Idyllic would be the best way to describe those ideas- not always attainable, but something to shoot for.

K- Well, the K hasn't always been here so that's something. I was born with a C in my name, and just before I went into sixth grade my mom asked if I wanted to change the spelling of my name- that she'd thought of the k but went with the c. I jumped at that, and when I got married the K became legal spelling.

A-Hmm...well, I suppose A could be for alto. When I sang in high school I liked singing alto, but my senior year my choir director needed a high soprano who could read music so I was moved. I still always liked alto the best, and my high C could never compare to my sister Liz's.

Okay, those letters were harder to fill than I thought they would be. I really had to dig for a few of them. If you read this and you have a blog- consider yourself tagged. :-) Let me know if you do it.

Tomorrow I'll have a few of Abigail's lunches to share, so come back for some lunchy inspiration.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on 8 years.

Robyn said...

Happy anniversary!

Joe said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on eight years of marriage, Erika! I like that R is for resourceful - because I know you are!

Thanks for participating.

Mimi

Erika W. said...

Thanks for all the well wishes! Despite feeling ill, I managed to make Andy's favorite dinner and we spent the evening watching Feasting on Asphalt and sneezing together- me with my cold, he with his allergies.

Mimi- R was the only letter I had an easy time with. :-)

Mansi said...

Hey I was tagged for a similar meme by Cynthia, and I had to use my middle name, which is also my husband's first name...was fun doing this, i have it in my "About" section:)

It was great reading and knowing about u:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, and many more!

Erika W. said...

Mansi Desai you have a verey nice site! I'll be spending more time over there looking around, thanks for stopping by!

Thanks April!

Sullicom said...

Congratulations on 8. Marcy and I are approaching #25 and I wouldn't trade a minute of it. Well, maybe a minute or two, but that's it. Anyway, congrats and keep at it. And best of luck with the lunch wars.

Erika W. said...

Thanks Steve! 25- that's awesome, and always encouraging to us who are still new in marriage (comparatively speaking).