Saturday, February 2, 2008

After Careful Thought and Consideration...

And even though I know everyone voted and agreed that Menu Planning 101 should happen here on Tummy Treasure, I've decided against that. The menu planning posts are getting quite long, and it also seems to me that they would be most effective compiled into one spot. So I've started up Menu Planning 101, a blog specifically for that purpose. I will update it on occasion with the next post, and then announce it here every single time for those interested. Sometimes, maybe I will do a cross-post or an exerpt as well. I just think this is going to be a better way to do it.

So this morning you will find a post about my pantry basics- what do I try to keep on hand at all times? The list actually surprised me a bit when I saw how long it was. You can find it here at Menu Planning 101.

If you're not interested in Menu Planning, perhaps you are searching for something new to add to your Super Bowl menu? Check out this recipe for Buffalo Pierogi, it's fun and tasty, and would be a great alternative for the vegetarians at your party who always gaze longingly at the hot wings. You can really use any pierogi you'd like- frozen or homemade will work just fine.


Buffalo Pierogies

4 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 package frozen Mrs. T's pierogies potato and roasted garlic
blue cheese salad dressing

Preheat oven to 400.

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. COmbine hot sauce, oil, and chili powder. Add pierogies and toss to coat. Arrange on baking sheet.

Bake about 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.

No comments: