Monday, May 2, 2005

KINDERGARTEN!!!!

*sniff*
I took my baby girl to school today. It was only screening- but still. I am sooo not happy with our school district's decision to offer only all day kindergarten. I could take Abigail 20 minutes away to Freedom- they still offer half day. But then we'd have to drive back and forth. I guess thinking about it, it would be totally selfish on my part. I'm sure she will do fine, and will love school completely. I have decided to send her to summer school to get used to the process. It is offered for three weeks at the end of June- and it's just a few hours long. So that will kind of warm her up to the idea of school. Of course she passed the screening with flying colors- she even gave the teacher a hug before leaving. I just can't believe it is here already. Although- I AM looking forward to school shopping. Yippee! Children's Place and GAPKids here I come! (Andy better keep up the long hours- my girl is going to school in style!) While I am looking forward to spending some one on one time with Zander- I am such a reluctant Mommy. And I really think that if I had proof that homeschooling worked- I would consider it. But I have yet to see such an example. Plus I am such a procrastinator. So I will do my duty and send my precious princess to school. *sigh*. It is a sad day indeed.

1 comment:

~Skylark said...

Wow. It's gotta be weird! Hmm...now I can't visit during the day, can I? My Abigail would miss me! Ah, I suppose I can visit both during the day AND later on. :) Bye!