Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Sharing a non-tried recipe

I just have to share this. It sounds so good- and there's blueberries everywhere right now. I really want to make it, I can just see the scoop of cake on my plate with a large dollop of freshly whipped cream. Oh, yum. I may make myself a deal that if I can get everything done today that I want to, I can treat myself. We'll see. I am also debating a trip to a Farmer's Market today. I'm really in the mood...I'm just not sure. This is not one that I've been to before, so I'm not sure about their offerings. I'm sure it will pale in comparison to my usual one, but seeing how I've seriously been lacking the time to get to the one in Appleton, I thought I might try out the one that's just nearby. We'll see. Anyways, here's Blueberry Pudding Cake. Yum.

Blueberry Pudding Cake

Servings:
Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method--------
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (no need to thaw)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine -- melted
Topping:
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup boiling water

Toss the blueberries with cinnamon and lemon juice; place in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder; stir in milk and butter. Spoon over berries.Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Slowly pour boiling water over all.Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cake is golden and tests done.Cool a bit and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.NOTES : Serves closer to 6 at my house!

No comments: