Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm so excited!!


I found frozen artichoke hearts today!!!! I LOVE artichokes, but really do not like the hassle of preparing one fresh, so I always use canned artichokes. I have been searching for the frozen ones, but have not found them before today. So it's a happy day here! On tap tonight (I hope) will be a Honey-Pecan Crusted Chicken and BUtternut Squash Risotto. Although I am tempted to move up the artichoke dish now...

Anyway,I will be back with more later. I just wanted to share the excitement of the artichoke. And if anyone else is looking- they are actually being marketed by Birds Eye- so if you're grocer carries Birds Eye already, it should be no problem for you to ask them to carry the artichoke hearts too.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had no idea frozen artichokes were even available! I will have to keep an eye out for a bag or two.

Erika W. said...

Oh yes Jennifer! This was gold for me. While I will use canned artichokes- they always seem to have that slight metallic taste from the can. Frozen taste more like fresh- without the trouble of being fresh. I think tonight the artichokes might get a trial run in my kitchen.