Saturday, November 5, 2005

So they said the turkey was good.

But I certainly wouldn't know. I woke up at 5:00 am yesterday morning for my own visit to the bathroom. And pretty much spent the rest of the day alternating between there and the couch. Yuck. I felt completely awful. The dilemma was: what to do with this turkey that HAD to be cooked. So Andy called up our friends, and together they all arranged to get together at another home. That still left the turkey, stuffing, and gravy in my hands. Andy to the rescue. He did a very good job playing Mr. Mom, and managed to look out for both kids while making the turkey. AND he also did laundry and kept the kitchen clean. I need to get sick more often. No. Not really.

So it's a very good thing this was not the REAL Thanksgiving. Well, it was a real Thanksgiving, so maybe that's not the right wording. But it is good that I get another go at it. I am very sad that I missed spending time with Dan before he ships out. Best wishes Dan! Go Save the Mideast!!

I'm still not feeling well, and I'm being very mindful of Zander and Andy. I'm really hoping that the antibiotics that Zander has been on will prevent him from getting the bug, but I still expect it at any second. Andy has claimed that he is feeling a bit exhausted today- so maybe it's his turn? I'm not sure. He certainly deserves to feel exhausted after his busy day yesterday. Good thing he wasn't working. :-) So anyway, nothing new to report. I don't feel much like eating or cooking- even watching FoodTV is a little nauseating, so it may be a few days. But I do have plans for next week. So tune in then to find out what it is. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

~Skylark said...

No being sick allowed....ever!