Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Cheese Sandwich Day!

Well, it has been a very long and exhausting day. Preparing food for a wedding is a lot of work. Yikes. But I did make fantastic progress today. It helps that we are in the midst of a blizzard, so Andy was home from work to entertain the kids. I did very well today, tomorrow will be some of the more tedious food projects. Tomorrow I will be skewering the fruit and making the tortellini salad skewers. And of course, I will be taking the cake layers out of the freezer and proceeding with filling and decoration. Today my goal was to get as much done as possible during the day, because tonight is the men's free skate on the Olympics. And that is must see.

So today in honor of cheese sandwich day I made another grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. A simple sandwich, but still good. Today's version was on whole grain bread, and filled with ham, Irish Cheddar, red pepper strips, and green onions. Of course it was meltingly good. I also had a dollop of sour cream to dip it in. The sour cream is becoming a must have I think. I've always been a ketchup girl, but lately it's been the sour cream.

I'm afraid that's all for tonight. I am ready to collapse on the couch with a glass of wine. I am not sure if I will be back to post again until after Saturday. But I promise pictures from the wedding when I get a chance. I leave you with a picture of todays grilled cheese sandwich.

No comments: