Sunday, March 5, 2006

Simple Supper



Tonight's supper was simple and yummy. This is one of my go-to recipes for company. The original recipe came from a Pillsbury Bake-Off. I don't know who wrote it, or what book I got it from, but I do know it was in the bake-off. Creamy Spinach and Tortellini is a great way to dress up frozen spinach. The sauce is remarkably easy, and takes just a few minutes. I have changed the recipe a tad. The original version called for 1 cup of heavy cream. Hmm. I will save my heavy cream calories for dessert. So instead I use 4 ounces of low-fat cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups of low fat milk. It may not get quite as creamy, texturewise, but it's pretty darn close, and doesn't leave you feeling like you ate too much. We had simple salads to accompany tonight, and it was a perfect meal for our Sunday Company Dinner. You can find the recipe at the Recipe Trove, or you can click on the link above.

No comments: