Friday, June 30, 2006

Going to show off now...

After a very long break of not getting out the sewing machine. I had the itch. Zander has been in need of curtains, and I've been too lazy to get them made for him. At the same time, Abigail found this really cute fabric at Jo-Anne's, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

Here's Zander's curtains, yes, they're just plain panels, but they're really cute, and they really brighten up and soften his room. The heavy equipment on the curtains are bulldozers and excavators, and Zander actually chose the fabric himself. I was so glad he insisted on a bright cheery one.
Then I thought I'd turn the cute fabric into a dress for Abigail, but the girl who helped me cut the fabric wrong, and I didn't have enough for the skirt part, so it became a cute little tank top for her. The little butterflies you see at the top are a pair of pins that I thought made the shirt something really special. They'll come off when it's time to wash the shirt.

I also used some leftover fabric from the curtains to make Zander a pair of throw pillows, and he just loves them. I've had two days of very successful sewing. It makes me want to dash out and get some more fabric. I found a pattern for flannel pajama pants- which I adore, but they are always too short for me when I buy them. But since it's hardly flannel pajama pant season, I guess I can hold out a littel while for that. Up next will probably be a dress for Abigail, since the sundress didn't work today.

And finally, here's a picture of my babes playing in the pool. Yesterday Zander overcame his fear of water in a big way. He was jumping around like a maniac with his sister, and they were at it again today. That is very exciting, and opens up the windows of opportunity for the summer. I'll be sharing this picture with Gabriella of My Life As A Reluctant Housewife as she hosts Weekend Baby Blogging. Andy's working on a special dessert for tonight (yes, I am quite concerned) so I will be back later with a dinner post.

1 comment:

G said...

SO CUTE!! That is so great that you are joining us. Oh and they are DEFINITELY still babies. I will put the recap up tomorrow!