Friday, June 30, 2006

A Simple Supper



Tonight's dinner was brought to us by Everyday Food magazine. This magazine is growing on me. I like how practical it is. If you're looking for something quick and easy, it's the perfect go-to recipe source. Tonight's quest for something simple and grillable led me to a recipe for Marinated Flank Steak. Flank steak takes a turn marinating in a simple sauce containing apple juice, whiskey, garlic, mustard, and hot sauce. It was very good. I used far less of the hot sauce called for because 2 teaspoons is a lot of Tabasco sauce. Plus I wanted to use Habanero Tabasco, so I just gave it a few healthy shakes of the bottle. I also cut the whole marinade recipe in half because there was only four of us, and I didn't want to proceed with making a sauce out of the marinade. I just wanted grilled steak, no sauce reduction (although I'm sure that would have been very good). Overall I was quite pleased, I marinated for about 3 hours, and that was perfect. This recipe goes into the tried and true files. Click on the link above for the recipe.

No comments: