Friday, July 28, 2006

Bits & Pieces




First of all this morning, you may notice a change or two going on here at Tummy Treasure. I am trying to enter the realm of technology as far as my blog world goes, and so far it seems to be working okay. The important thing I want to mention this morning is that I have added a subscription service to Tummy Treasure- you can see the subscribe box over there in the sidebar. By subscribing to Tummy Treasure, you will receive my new posts daily as I post them in your e-mail- essentially saving you a bit of time from checking in every day if you wish. I've been told that Feedburner is a reliable service, so if anyone subscribes, please let me know if you have problems and I will see what I can do to fix the problem.

Secondly, I have been trying my darndest to keep all of my blogs updated as much as possible. This morning you will find new posts on both Cheese, Glorious Cheese and The Savvy Bookworm. It's a lot of work maintaining one blog let alone four of them, but I am trying. I know that readership is pretty low for my other blogs, but if you would be interested in subscribing for any of them- please leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I will see about adding a feed for the interested parties. I would also consider adding a feed to the Recipe Trove if anyone were interested.

And thirdly this morning, I want to give a brief mention to a new cookbook for me. I received it a few weeks ago, and just haven't had a chance to even look at it until yesterday. Perfect Recipes For Having People Over by Pam Anderson is a keeper. While I can't attest to any of the recipes per se, I can say that it is all inclusive. Everything you cold possibly need for throwing a successful dinner party is in this book. And the variety is great. She doesn't just list stew as a recipe, rather, she has One Stew, many variations- with 7 variations! Fully loaded, this book will definitely be an asset for me. She gives details on how to make shortcuts with meal planning as well as execution. I really like the straightforwardness of the dialogue in this book, and none of the recipes seem overly complicated- so you can enjoy the time with your guests, versus slaving away in the kitchen and missing the party. I can't wait to have another dinner party and put this book to work.

No comments: