Friday, May 18, 2007

Something New To Try



Have you seen Izze anywhere? I mean, how could I not buy some to try it, it's so attractive! It's labelled as a sparkling fruit juice that is naturally sweetened. And look at the flavors it comes in! Apple, blueberry, pomegranate, clementine, grapefruit, pear, lemon, and blackberry. Seriously, you cannot buy soda in those fun flavors. The tough part was picking just one to try. Pear would have won if my store had it, but I settled for blueberry after a long staring match with the pomegranate.

Ingredients: pure juice from grape, apple, blueberry, lemon and acerola juice concentrates, sparkling water, natural flavors.

Nutrition information is listed for both one bottle and one serving of 8 ounces. Most beverages list information for just the 8 ounce serving, misleading the consumer into thinking that one bottle is one serving.

And the flavor? Is excellent. The blueberry tastes like blueberry with hints of grape and apple in the finish. The carbonation is not excessive, just enough to be pleasant. Overall it is a very refreshing beverage. It lacks that sugary sweetness that most sodas have, and it actually does satisfy my thirst. As I'm sitting here with some in a glass, I've decided that I quite enjoy it,and I'm looking forward to trying all the flavors. The only thing that Izze could do for me that it doesn't is package it in a resealable container. Container beverages like soda, iced tea, and water for us are most often reserved for on the road drinking. And while it does come in cans, I would like to see something resealable that can be tucked into a tote bag for sipping. Overall, two thumbs up from me. It's a little pricey, but I think if I were to be debating between something like Izze or a soda, the extra price would be worth the fact that it's much, much better for you to drink.

**photo courtesy Izze.com

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm proud to say that Izze is a local company here. I don't buy it often but that's because I try to drink only water on a daily basis but it makes a great drink mixer as well.

Erika W. said...

Robyn, I was thinking that a drink mixer would be perfect for these, because it would keep them from getting sugary sweet. I hate that.

We're really enjoying the Izze though, so we'll happily support your local company for you.