Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What to do with no Internet

Gosh it was such a long day!!!!! Yesterday we had a brief outage of our cable services. It lasted probably half an hour, and for us the cable means no TV, no Internet, and no Phone. Yikes! It finally came back on, and life was good. Until I attempted to use my computer. I tried a new cheese and wanted to blog about it on the cheese blog. It took about 10 minutes just for the page to open. Oh my, it was worse than dial up!!! My dear husband called the cable company well after business hours, but they answered happily and scheduled an appointment for a technician today. But that appt. wasn't until somewhere between 5 and 8 pm. That's a long day for a stay-at-home Mom with a lot to say! A few internet pages would load up after some time- but my blog simply wouldn't comply. Even my e-mail was super slow. It took at least 10 minutes for one e-mail to be retrieved. And shame on the person who sent me several forwards... (insert angry eyes.)

Anyway. I'm back. Whew. Hooray for the cable guy. However, my good intentions of a Weigh-In Wednesday post crashed and burned this morning when I was unable to post. I never did manage to weigh myself. Maybe tomorrow I will get that in, along with the promised post about cookbooks. Tonight though, I have several e-mails to catch up on, and I simply must make the rounds of my foodie blogs. I missed them last night and this morning. S0 I leave you tonight with a suggestion to check out Cheese, Glorious Cheese. I did manage to get a new post up there, and it is worth checking out if you are a fan of cheese.

No comments: